Tier: Basic, Professional, Enterprise
All users can create an account on any findhelp site. However, your organization can authorize users on your site to have additional functionality and report access. Site Administrators can use the User and Group Management tool to add new user accounts and manage user permissions, including deactivating user accounts.
How do I remove a user from my site?
To remove a user from your site, you must have Site Administrator privileges.
1. Click on the Site Tools menu and select Site Tools from the drop-down menu.
2. From the Site Tools page, click Manage Users and Groups.
Once in the User and Group Management Tool, you are taken directly to the Manage Users page.
3. Select the checkbox next to the user or users you want to remove from your site.
4. Click the Trash Can icon on the top right of the page.
5. You see a popup with two options to deactivate the user(s).
- Lock Account: User(s) are no longer able to log in to any findhelp site.
- Remove Permissions and Deactivate: User(s) are still be able to log in to findhelp.org or other findhelp sites with the same email address and password and access referrals, assessments, goals, and notes that they have personally done on behalf of someone else. Recommended approach!
6. (Option 1) To lock the user account(s), click the Lock Account checkbox and click Deactivate.
You return to the Manage Users page and the user account(s) appear with a Lock icon in the Status column, indicating that the account is now locked
7. (Option 2) To revoke all permissions for the selected user(s) on your site, click the Remove Permissions and Deactivate checkbox and click Deactivate. Recommended approach!
You return to the Manage Users page and the user account(s) appear with Inactive in the Status column, indicating that the account is now deactivated.