Tier: Basic, Professional, Enterprise
Site Administrators and Group Managers can use the User and Group Management tool to manage user permissions, including removing individual users or multiple users from a group. Users may need to be removed from a group for various reasons, such as they departed the organization or moved to a different team.
Removing Users From a Group As a Site Administrator
As a Site Administrator, to remove a user from a group on your site, use the User and Group Management Tool.
1. Click on the Site Tools menu and select Site Tools from the drop-down menu.
2. From the Site Tools page, click Manage users and groups.
Once in the User and Group Management Tool, there are two ways users can be removed from a group:
Using the Manage Users Page
This option works well for removing a single user from a group. See Using the Manage Groups Page below to remove multiple users from a group.
Once in the User and Group Management Tool, you are taken directly to the Manage Users page.
1. Select the user you wish to edit by clicking on their name in the list of users.
To quickly find a specific user, click the magnifying glass icon on the right side of the Manage Users page to search for a user by name or email address.
2. Click the Pencil icon in the user preview to edit the selected user. This opens the Edit User page.
3. In the Groups section of the Edit User page, click Edit User’s Groups.
4. Deselect the checkbox next to the name of the group you wish to remove the user from. The checkbox should appear as gray with no checkmark when it is deselected.
5. Click Done on the Edit Groups popup.
6. Click Save on the footer of the Edit User page.
Using the Manage Groups Page
1. Open the Manage Groups page by selecting the clipboard icon on the left side of the page.
2. Select the group you wish to remove users from.
3. Click the Pencil icon on the group preview to edit the selected group. This opens the Edit Group page.
4. In the Users in [Group Name] section of the Edit Group page, click Remove next to each user you wish to remove from the group.
5. Click Save on the footer of the Edit Group page.